There is
something majestic about small towns. When I visited Franschhoeck in the Western Cape I fell in love with the place. I was there for only an hour
but I never forgot that place. As fate would have it, I relocated to another
small town in Limpopo Province, the town was previously known as Nylstroom and now its Modimolle. The town is situated in the Waterberg District and boy i hated living in this town in the beginning,
because everything is done slowly and there are no shops or cinemas it’s just Indian shops and just about 5 chain stores. I wanted
myself out of this town, I thought living in a small town was going to be easy,
but it was not so easy it took me months to adjust, from living in metropolitan
areas to living in small town where everything is not easily accessible was a
difficult transition.
During the time when I complained about how
boring life was in a small town I missed something very important about it.
What I missed was how beautiful this town is and the natural surrounding is breath taking. On your way to this
small town the view of the mountains there are no words to describe it. When you walk the streets of this town there is no human
traffic and when you drive through it, it’s the same. The banks and ATMS are never full with people. When you have
something to do you do it without having to spend the whole day standing from
queue to queue. Life is simple here and you get to save money. This town is surrounded by game lodges and golf estates to feed
your travel bug. This small town has become my home and what I found here I
think is the reason why fell in love
with Fraschhoek
No comments:
Post a Comment